Either for undergraduate or postgraduate programs, studying abroad is one of the seamless route to explore the amazing wonders of creations. Though many students have this ambition, but many of them are unable to achieve it due to different reasons. However, if you working towards achieving yours, then I bring you opportunity to make it faster. Opportunity to explore the excellence aura of world class education in New Zealand. When it comes to international education with global reputation, New Zealand is a place to be. This article is prepared to let you know about the international excellence scholarship in New Zealand at the University of Waikato.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
About University of Waikato
University of Waikato located in New Zealand but with three unique campuses in Hamilton and Tauranga, New Zealand, and a joint institute in Hangzhou, China.
The University is committed to delivering a world-class education and research portfolios. With around 13,000 students and 1,500 staff, University of Waikato offer a distinctive and rewarding university experience, while pursuing strong international links to advance knowledge. The university stands proudly on the world stage as a provider of future-focused, international education and an active player in global research. Their rankings reflect these strengths.
About the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships in New Zealand
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international applicants who are enrolling as new students into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes of the University. Successful applicants may also be called upon to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
Strongly recommended for you:
- 26 Scholarships in USA For International Students in 2022
- Bartlett Promise Masters Scholarship for Africans at University College London
- Nanyang University Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore
- 3 Countries to Study for Free in Europe as International Student
- How to Win Hidden Scholarships with Cold Email
- 10 Fully funded PhD Positions in Germany at Max Planck Institute
- 8 Scholarships in Australia for Worldwide Students
Eligibility Criteria for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships in New Zealand
To be eligible for the undergraduate and postgraduate excellence scholarships at the University of Waikato New Zealand, applicants must:
- Be applying to enroll full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, as a new international student to the University of Waikato; (All postgraduate programmes except the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil) are eligible)
- Have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato (including a pathway offer for the Certificate of Attainment in English Language; International Diploma (Business); International Diploma (Computer Science) or Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (Pre-Masters)) at the University of Waikato);
- Have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the most recent qualification that was used to gain entrance to your qualification at the University of Waikato;
- Not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in English Language, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma (Business) or International Diploma (Computer Science); Diploma of Postgraduate Preparation (PreMasters) or any other pre-degree pathway programme);
- Not have paid fees at the time of application;
- Not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body
- Not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
Value of the Award and Duration
The number of scholarships offered, and value of each scholarship offered is at the discretion of the Selection Panel and will be based on criteria such as:
- Funding available,
- Intended programme of study,
- Duration of intended programme of study,
- Number of credits enrolled and GPA equivalency.
- It may also be based on but not limited to financial need, total available funding, number of applicants, and chosen degree programme. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for the agreed programme of study either at the time of enrolment or once their enrolment is completed.
For undergraduate applicants of the scholarships, the Scholarship will have a value and tenure as follows:
One year tenure: If a recipient is awarded up to $10,000, they will receive this awarded amount in their first year of full time (or a minimum of 120 points) study.
More than one year tenure: If a recipient is offered an award of more than $10,000, then the following will apply:
- Two years tenure: If a recipient is awarded a total of up to $15,000, they will receive their initial $10,000 in their first year of study as outlined above, and will receive the remaining $5,000 in the second year of fulltime study.
- Three years tenure: If a recipient is awarded up to $20,000, they will receive their initial $10,000 in their first year of study as outlined above, and will receive an additional $10,000 ($5,000 in their second year and $5,000 in their third year of full-time study).
The following may also interests you:
- Fully Funded Master and PhD Positions at University of Calgary, Canada
- Multiple Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at the University of Sydney Business School Australia
- Lists of Scholarships in Australia for International Students in 2022
- 16 postgraduate scholarships in New Zealand for International Students
- 16 Masters Scholarships in Canada At Winnipeg University
The scholarship will have a tenure of one year only and a value of up to NZD$15,000, which will be applied to the first year of full-time postgraduate study.
- Applicants will be advised of the result of their application through their MyWaikato portal.
- Successful applicants will receive a scholarship offer which is valid for 14 days. Offers must be accepted by the date indicated or the offer will lapse and no longer be valid.
- After accepting the Scholarship Offer, recipients will receive an official Scholarship Offer Letter to assist in any student visa application.
- Recipients may pay the full tuition fee amount minus the value of the scholarship in the offer. They must provide their Scholarship Offer Letter to Immigration New Zealand in order to do so.
- In accepting the Scholarship, the recipient will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the conditions of the Scholarship, and the Scholarships Policy.
- The maximum possible tenure is up to three years.
Selection Criteria for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships in New Zealand
Applications will be ranked and recommended according to their Grade Point Average by the University’s International Regional Managers and forwarded to the Selection Panel for consideration. The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees).
The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following each selection meeting.
Conditions for holding the scholarship
- The Scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Waikato funded tuition fees scholarship, award, bursary or other such funding, nor can it be held in conjunction with any Education New Zealand scholarships.
- To ensure ongoing eligibility, recipients must maintain an international student status within the University’s student system during the tenure of the Scholarship.
- If, during the tenure of the Scholarship, a recipient’s circumstances change in such a manner that their continued eligibility for the Scholarship may be affected, they must inform email@example.com immediately.
- The Scholarships Committee may terminate a Scholarship at any time, and recoup any funds disbursed, if the holder is not following the approved programme of study, withdraws from the University during the tenure of the Scholarship, brings the Scholarship or University into disrepute, or is not otherwise complying with the regulations governing the Scholarship and/or the University of Waikato. The recipient will have the right to appeal against any decision to terminate the Scholarship.
- By accepting a Scholarship, the recipient agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity concerning the Scholarship arranged by the University of Waikato.
- Any ambassadorial duties will be at the discretion of the International Office. Any queries in regards to these duties can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Scholarships Committee has the power to amend or vary these regulations provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
You may also consider the following:
- 8 Cheap Universities in Germany for International Students
- How to Get Admission in Germany as an International Student
- 16 Cheapest Colleges in Canada for International Students
- How To Get University Admission In Sweden As An International Student
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia 2022 | Griffith University
Method of Application for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships in New Zealand
Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time and decisions will normally be made within 8 to 12 weeks of the time of application.
- Applicants must upload all of the following as part of their online application:
- Their conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato;
- A personal statement that sets out the following (on the template):
- a) In 100 words or less tell us why you want to study at the University of Waikato? Get tips here
- b) In 100 words or less tell us how you will be a global ambassador for the University of Waikato?
For the undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships in New Zealand at the University of Waikato, there is not deadline to submit application. Applications are on continuous basis.