Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Master’s Scholarship is open to applicants who are nationals of a Bartlett approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries interested to pursue a Bartlett master’s programme at the University College London. The masters scholarship for Africans is fully funded.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
Value of the masters scholarship for African students
- Full overseas tuition fees,
- An allowance to cover living and study expenses (£15,364) for the normal duration of the programme at UCL,
- A flight to/from the UK
- UK Study Visa costs
- English language assessment costs,
- Health test costs
- Master’s programme application fee costs
- NHS health supplement charge in the UK.
All Promise scholars will also receive on-going academic and career support during their study.
Strong recommended for you:
- 8 Scholarships in Australia for Worldwide Students
- How to Win Hidden Scholarships with Cold Email
- Masters Scholarship at University College London
- Sustainability Leader Scholarship at University of Limerick Ireland
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships
- 11 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at University of Surrey UK 2022
Number of awards
Four scholarship awards are available for African students who are starting masters studies in September 2022.
Eligible Nationalities for the masters scholarship for Africans
Prospective students who are nationals of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe are all eligible to apply.
Eligibility for the masters scholarship for Africans
The Bartlett Promise aims to enable students from backgrounds which are underrepresented in The Bartlett, to pursue postgraduate studies at The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment. For The Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan African scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a national of one of The Bartlett’s approved list 2 of Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries and resident in an eligible SSA country
- Must not hold a British or dual British citizenship
- Have an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme for study in 2022/23 which is either unconditional or conditional only on English language
- Be in financial need as assessed by UCL
In addition to these, due consideration will be given to candidates who meet any of these criteria:
- Be a forced migrant
- Be the first generation in the family to attend university at undergraduate level
- Be the first generation in family to attend university at postgraduate level
The following may also interest you:
- Lists of Scholarships in Australia for International Students in 2022
- 7 PhD Positions at Wageningen University the Netherlands
- 16 Masters Scholarships in Canada At Winnipeg University
- Skoltech University Scholarships For International Students
- Nanyang University Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore
- 16 postgraduate scholarships in New Zealand for International Students
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia 2022
Method of application for the masters scholarship for Africans
Applicants are encouraged to first secure a place on a Bartlett master’s programme.
UCL aims to make a decision within 6 weeks of receiving your completed application, academic transcripts and both references. However, please note it can take three to four months when application volumes are high. You are strongly recommended to apply early; a six week turn around cannot be guaranteed.
Once you have an offer of a place, you can apply to The Bartlett Promise for a scholarship.
Application Deadline for the masters scholarship for Africans
Last date to apply for the Bartlett Promise masters scholarship for Africans is April 18th, 2022