Your study abroad goal can come alive through the numerous fully funded scholarship opportunities made available by the Irish Government for international students to study in Ireland. In this article, we have detailed information about the Ireland Government Scholarships in 2022.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2022 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme.
The HEA leads the strategic development of the Irish higher education and research system with the objective of creating a coherent system of diverse institutions with distinct missions, which is responsive to the social, cultural and economic development of Ireland and its people and supports the achievement of national objectives. The HEA has a statutory responsibility, at central government level, for the effective governance and regulation of higher education institutions and the higher education system.
Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution. The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
Strongly recommended for you:
- Bartlett Promise Masters Scholarship for Africans at University College London
- Nanyang University Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore
- How to Win Hidden Scholarships with Cold Email
- Funded Masters and PhD Positions at University of Manitoba Canada
- 8 Scholarships in Australia for Worldwide Students
- 11 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at University of Surrey UK 2022
- Masters Scholarship at University College London
Benefits of Ireland Government Scholarships
Students who are successful in the application process for the Ireland Government Scholarships 2022 will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Requirements for the Ireland Government Scholarships
Applicants for the Scholarships in Ireland 2022 must:
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politicslocal, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals
Documents Required for the Ireland Government Scholarships
The application for the Ireland Government Scholarships must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Two recommendation letter uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile).
The following may also interest you:
- 10 Fully funded PhD Positions in Germany at Max Planck Institute
- 3 Countries to Study for Free in Europe as International Student
- 16 postgraduate scholarships in New Zealand for International Students
- Fully Funded PhD Positions at RGS Econ Germany
- Singapore International Graduate Award | Fully Funded PhD Scholarships
Application Deadline for the Ireland Government Scholarships
March 25, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Click Here to Get started