Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights—most importantly with fully funded scholarships. SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
About the fully funded scholarships in Singapore
The fully funded PhD scholarships in Singapore is powered by the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA). SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
PhD training will be carried out in English at candidates’ chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
Strongly recommended for you:
- 7 fully funded PhD positions at Wageningen University
- PhD Scholarships in Germany
- PhD & masters scholarship in Thailand
- Food research scholarship in UK
The fully funded scholarships in Singapore powered by SINGA supports PhD studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
More information on the supported research areas can be gotten through the links below:
Please note that you will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
Eligibility criteria for the fully funded scholarships in Singapore
The eligibility criteria is stated below:
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The following may also interests you:
- Arrell graduate scholarships in Canada
- Indigenous graduate scholarship in Canada
- Griffith University Scholarships in Australia
- University of Manchester PhD scholarship
Benefits of the fully funded Scholarships in Singapore
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying. All application documents are to be submitted online
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Applicants for the fully funded PhD scholarships are encouraged to follow the following application process:
Browse PhD Research Projects: Go to Research Areas to browse the projects that interests you.
Kindly note the following IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Apply now via this link here!
You may also consider these:
- 16 Postgraduate scholarships in New Zealand
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at the University of Sydney
- Fully Funded PhD in Dublin
- Master and PhD Positions at University of Calgary, Canada
Submission deadline for January 2023 intake: 1 June 2022 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
Submission deadline for August 2023 intake: 1 December 2022 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
For further details, kindly visit the official website