For those aspiring to have their doctoral program in Germany, here is a fully funded PhD positions at one of the Germany’s leading research center. There are between 6-8 positions available for doctoral students starting in October 2022. Read along to know the benefits, eligibility and how to apply.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
About RGS Econ
Located in Germany’s Ruhr Valley Region, the Ruhr Graduate School in Economics (RGS Econ) is a center for research and higher education in economics, offering a structured PhD program, workshops, courses, and conferences for early-career researchers. The explicit combination of research and higher education, both complying with the highest international standard of excellence, is the core objective of the RGS Econ. This goal entails a transmission and advancement of sophisticated research methods and their application to real world problems in Economics. RGS Econ was founded in 2004 and is jointly operated by the economics departments at the three universities of the University Alliance Ruhr (UA Ruhr) and one of Germany’s leading economic research institutes, all located in proximity in the Ruhr Valley metropolitan area of Germany.
RGS Econ leverages the breadth and scope of this expertise by creating a collaborative research and learning environment to cover almost all areas of economics and to productively combine theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented analyses within a structured doctoral program that delivers a comprehensive, state-of-the-art education in economics. RGS Econ currently consists of 40 senior researchers (RGS Faculty, most of these are professors at the cooperating universities) and around 45 doctoral students. Many more senior and junior researchers at the cooperating institutions as well as their research groups and institutes are part of RGS Econ’s extensive, international research network. Read more
Recommended for you:
- PhD and Master scholarship in Russia
- Low tuition universities in Germany
- PhD scholarship in the UK
- Research scholarship in Canada
- University of Manchester PhD scholarship
- 14 scholarships at university of Edinburgh
- RUFORUM graduate research grant
- Scholarships in Australia in 2022
About the Fully Funded PhD Positions at RGS Econ
RGS Econ offers a structured doctoral program in Economics, building on the combined expertise in theoretical, empirical, and applied research of four university economics departments in the Ruhr Valley area of Germany – (Bochum, Dortmund, Essen and Duisburg) – and one of Germany’s leading economic research institutes (RWI – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research). Advanced coursework, a cooperative learning environment, and an extensive research network and infrastructure are geared to support our students in conducting first-rate research and our graduates in obtaining excellent positions in academia, public institutions, and in the private sector. The structure of the doctoral program allows outstanding and research-oriented students to pass their exams and finish their thesis in three to four years.
RGS Econ charges no tuition fees. Accepted students are offered financing for a minimum of three years, which may be in the form of a scholarship or in the form of research and teaching assistant positions (TVL E 13).
Benefits of the fully funded Doctoral program
- a vibrant research community with more than 40 faculty members, currently around 45 doctoral students and many more doctoral students, junior and senior researchers at the participating universities and the research institute.
- a comprehensive core course program, enabling students to engage in frontier research in all areas of economics.
- a large selection of specialized field courses, multiple research seminar series, guest lectures by renowned international faculty, soft skills seminars, workshops and an annual doctoral conference.
- structured guidance and supervision, facilitated from the start via a pairing of students with (primary) supervisors based on interests and supervision capacity and to the finish with job market support.
- an excellent international research network and funding for research stays as well as conference and summer school participation.
These may also interest you:
World Bank graduate scholarship
Master Mind scholarship in Belgium
Commonwealth distance learning scholarship
General requirements for the fully funded PhD positions
Intending Applicant should have:
- a Master’s degree in Economics or related fields (such as Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics), completed by the time of program entry.
- a strong motivation and ability for research in economics as well as excellent analytical / quantitative skills, documented by reference letters, academic transcripts etc.
- A GRE test result is highly recommended for applicants without a German ‘Abitur’.
- English language proficiency
How to apply for the fully funded PhD positions
A complete application consists of the application package provided by you and at least two letters of recommendation provided directly by university professors, instructors, lecturers, or other academic researchers. See full application details check here
Suggested for you:
- Max Planck summer internship in Germany
- Female scholarship at Durham university
- Fully funded scholarships at Griffith university Australia
March 24th, 2022
For more details, see the call for application or official website