Funded masters and PhD positions in Canada at the prestigious University of Manitoba. Postgraduate students with background in life sciences are welcome to apply.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
About the University of Manitoba, Canada
The University of Manitoba is located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and is Western Canada’s first University. The University has large core-group of structural biology and biochemical researchers between the departments of Microbiology and Chemistry (The Manitoba Group in Protein Structure and Function), access to the Canadian Light Source synchrotron, and comprehensive molecular biophysics instrumentation (500 and 600 MHz NMR, in-house XRD,cryo-3D TEM (TalosF200C) , ITC, CD, DSC, nano DSF,AUC, SEC-MALS, and MST).
Strongly recommended for you:
- 8 Scholarships in Australia for Worldwide Students
- Fully funded MSc. and PhD positions in Thailand
- Fully Funded Master Scholarship At Oregon State University In USA
- Fully Funded Master and PhD Positions at University of Calgary, Canada
- 16 Masters Scholarships in Canada At Winnipeg University
- Sustainability Leader Scholarship at University of Limerick Ireland
- Study in Russia | Skoltech University Scholarships For International Students
About the Lab for the Masters and PhD positions in Canada
The Prehna Lab is looking for enthusiastic MSc or PhD students to join the Department of Microbiology at the University of Manitoba, Canada.
The lab studies how bacteria communicate with their hosts, how they communicate with each other, and how they communicate with other micro-organisms. The supported graduate student positions are aimed at understanding the Type VI secretion system (T6SS) at the molecular level. A MSc or PhD student will research the role of accessory proteins that modulate the function of the T6SS(s) and how membrane proteins are loaded and secreted by the T6SS using structural, biochemical, and molecular biology techniques. For more information about the lab, please check out our twitter and webpage
Eligibility & Qualifications for the Masters and PhD positions in Canada
Applicants should possess or be near completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences or a related discipline, and be interested in both biochemistry and microbiology. Some experience in molecular biology as well as protein expression and purification is desired but not required. Training in x-ray crystallography and NMR spectroscopy will be provided.
All projects have the potential for training in cryo-EM. English language skills,the ability to work in a team, willingness to learn, and good organizational skills are required.
This may also interests you:
- World Bank Scholarship Program
- Romanian Government Scholarships 2022
- Lists of Scholarships in Australia for International Students in 2022
- 14 Funding Opportunities for International Students at the University of Edinburg
Method of Application for the Masters and PhD positions in Canada
Applications should include:
- The applicant’s CV
- A one-page summary of their motivation for pursing graduate studies
- Contact details for at least two references
- The starting dates are May 2022 or September 2022
The lab invite applications from all qualified individuals. The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, persons of any gender identity or gender expression, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please send application materials to:
Gerd Prehna, PhD
University of Manitoba Department of Microbiology
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2 1-204-474-6543
Further details, visit the official website