Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
The Global Masters Scholarships at University College London is an opportunity for international students with low income background to make their dream of getting world class education come to reality. Through this opportunity, 70 international students will be offered about GBP 15,000 towards a one year master’s degree program at UCL. IELTS or TOEFL is not a major requirement for international students to proof their English language proficiency as undergraduate education in English is enough.
Join our community of scholars for latest scholarship updates. Click here
About University College London (UCL)
University College London (UCL) is a major public research university located in London, United Kingdom. UCL is a member institution of the Federal University of London, and is the second-largest university in the United Kingdom by total enrolment and the largest by postgraduate enrolment. The University pride itself as a diverse community with the freedom and courage to challenge, to question and to think differently. Through a progressive approach to teaching and research, our world leading academics, curious students and outstanding staff continually pursue excellence, break boundaries and make an impact on real world problems.
Strongly recommended for you:
- 40 Fully Funded Online Master Programmes at University of Edinburgh
- Multiple Bachelor and Master Scholarships in Italy for International Students 2022
- Scotland Government Scholarships for International Students
- Skoltech University Scholarships For International Students
- 5 Fully funded PhD Scholarships at the University of Bristol in UK
- Fully Funded MBA Scholarship at Stockholm School Economics Sweden
Details of the Global Masters Scholarships at UCL
The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at UCL.
Value, Benefits and Duration of the Award
There are up to 70 (seventy) scholarships available in 2022/23 academic year.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
Eligibility for the Global Masters Scholarships
Applicants for the Global Masters Scholarships can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background
- AND have submitted an admission application for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2022/23.
The following may also interests you:
- International Masters Scholarships Programme in France
- How To Get Free University Admission in Europe
- Fully-Funded Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2022
- 3 Countries to Study for Free in Europe as International Student
- Multiple Fully Funded PhD Scholarships at the University of Sydney Business School Australia
Selection Process for the Global Masters Scholarships
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
Application documents for the Global Masters Scholarships varies depending on the course of choice. However, academic transcript, degree certificates, language proficiency, Passport and statement of purpose are major documents required.
How to apply
Applicants must have submitted an admission application to UCL in order to apply for the scholarship.
Although, applicants do not need to have received an offer of admission to be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to have had your fee status confirmed by UCL Admissions. For some students this happens shortly after you apply to the university, but for many this will not happen until just before an offer of admission is made. If you are unable to access the scholarship application form, you may need to wait until UCL has decided whether to make you an admission offer.
After you must have submitted application for your desired masters program at UCL, follow the below instructions to access the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Go to the “My Applications” page (also called the Applications Homepage) if you are not already on it.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply’ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
The deadline for applications to this Global Masters Scholarships will be 5pm BST, Thursday 12 May 2022.
For more details, visit the official announcement