Master scholarship in Belgium for international students. International students can now leverage on the opportunity offered by the Master mind scholarship program to acquire world class masters education in Belgium. Sit tight as we walk through the application process together.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training awards scholarships for master’s programmes in Flanders and Brussels to outstanding students from around the world. A Master Mind Scholarship includes a grant of €8 400 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS). Master Mind Scholarship holders only pay an administrative enrolment fee. The grant is paid in instalments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses. If you are interested, you first need to apply to one of the Flemish host institutions that participates in the Master Mind Scholarship Programme.
See other scholarship opportunity that may interest you:
- Romanian Government Scholarships
- Beit Trust Scholarships
- Skoltech Scholarships in Russia
- Ireland Government Scholarships 2022
- Scholarships in Australia
- 26 Scholarships in US 2022
Eligibility for the masters scholarship in Belgium
- The applicant applies to take up a master’s degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential:
- The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0:
- The student has a good knowledge of the English language
- The host institution also performs an academic check of the student’s file. The student has to be accepted by the host institution in order to receive the scholarship. This criterion applies even if the host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection for the Master Mind Scholarship programme.
- The applicant can be nominated by only one Flemish higher education institution. If the applicant is preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution, he/she has to choose one Flemish higher education institution to submit his/her application into the Mobility Online tool.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who enrol for the following programmes for the academic year 2022-2023 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarship: Preparatory programmes, Bridging programmes, Distance learning
Student mobility to partner institutions outside Flanders and Brussels during the master’s programme is allowed. However, at least half of the study credits of the master’s programme must be obtained at the Flemish host institution.
How to apply for the masters scholarship in Belgium
- Check if you are eligible to apply and if the Flemish institution of your choice participates in the Master Mind Scholarships
- Submit your application to the host institution
- The host institution preselects the eligible applications
- The host institution starts the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool
- You receive an email generated by the Mobility-Online tool notifying you of being preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship
- You register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline.
- The host institution validates and submits the completed application file in the Mobility-Online tool before the deadline of midnight on April 29, 2022 GMT+1. Validated applications submitted after midnight on April 29, 2022 GMT+1 will not be accepted.
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two signed letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university, university of applied sciences (and arts) or recent employer written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s); if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
See internship opportunity that may interest you:
Participating institutions and deadline
The participating universities in the masters scholarship in Belgium powered by mastermind scholarship are listed below with their corresponding deadlines. Kindly click on the institution of interest to see the application procedures.
- University of Antwerp: Deadline: March 1, 2022
- Ghent University; Deadline April 6, 2022
- Hasselt University: Deadline: March 15, 2022
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts: Deadline: March 1, 2022
- LUCA School of Arts: Deadline: March 1, 2022
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts: Deadline: March 30, 2022
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts: Deadline: March 25, 2022
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts: Deadline: t.b.c.
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts: Deadline: March 1, 2022