Through the sustainability leader scholarship program at University of Limerick, international students who have demonstrated leadership capabilities in the development of their respective communities can now study in Ireland. This sustainability leader scholarship is for those who are seeking Masters studies in Public Health. Read along to know the application process and the benefits.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
Introduction to the sustainability leader scholarship
As part of the School of Medicine social accountability and its mission towards a sustainable world, the school is providing a sustainability scholarship for emerging leaders from low and middle income countries to come to Ireland to study in Master of Science in Public Health at the University of Limerick.
Now, more than ever, there is an historic opportunity to make transformational changes in higher education to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by graduating agents of change who have the potential and commitment to make positive societal changes in their countries.
You may also apply for:
Eligibility for the sustainability leader scholarship
- A scholarship candidate should be both a national and a resident of one of the low and middle income countries link at the time of the application.
- This scholarship is only relevant to candidates who apply and receive an offer from the UL MSc in Public Health full-time programme.
Evaluation Criteria for the sustainability leader scholarship
Priority will be given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and to students targeting a career in one of these sectors. Candidates employed in the private sector or newly graduated candidates without previous work experience may also be considered if they have contributed to the advancement of their society through advocacy, volunteer work or other relevant activities.
These opportunities may also interests you:
- MEXT scholarships
- University of Winnipeg scholarship in Canada
- Griffith University scholarships in Australia
Priority will be given to emerging leaders who have the potential and commitment to become agents of change after completing the master programme, and who can demonstrate a greater chance of implementing and/or transferring newly gained competencies upon completion in a sustainable development context, such as in the higher education sector, government, and civil society, thereby contributing to positive societal change.
Priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate evidence of leadership, research experience, and strong academic performance.
Commitment to achieving the SDGs within own country
Priority will be given to candidates who have a support letter from an institute confirming (re)integration in a professional context in their countries with a clear plan of action to achieving SDGs within their own country following successful enrollment and completion of the master programme.
- You must make an application to the MSc Public Health full-time programme before 1 March 2022.
- All eligible candidates will automatically receive a link for the online scholarship application form to be completed before 15 March 2022.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their scholarship application by 31 March 2022.
- Candidates must arrive in Limerick before 1 August 2022.
Value of the scholarship
The Scholarship will cover the tuition fees for a one year full-time MSc in Public Health plus a contribution towards living expenses:
- Fees (non-EU) of €12,800
- A stipend of €16,500 per annum
For more information, kindly visit the website