Through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, eligible citizens from commonwealth countries can ow participate in the Online Degree scholarships program from top UK universities. This distance learning master scholarship will afford selected candidates to obtain an internationally recognized master’s degree without leaving their respective home country. Read below for details on the scholarship and how to apply.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
Overview of the online degree scholarships
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are for candidates from least developed, low, and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities. These scholarships are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office to contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
This may also interest you:
Eligibility for the distance learning scholarship
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination, and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates. For further information on the support available to candidates with a disability, see the CSC disability support statement.
Scholarships in the UK that may also interest you:
- Keele University scholarships
- University of Manchester PhD Scholarships
- Research Scholarship in the UK
- University of Nottingham Scholarships
- 14 scholarships at University of Edinburgh
- Women in STEM Scholarships
How to apply for the commonwealth distance learning scholarships
You must apply to study an eligible master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. The list of participating universities and eligible courses can be found here.
You must also apply and secure admission to your university course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
Candidate applications must be submitted by 18:00 (GMT) on 15 March 2022.
The CSC’s online application form is now open.
Applications must include the following supporting documentation by 17:00 (GMT) on 5 April 2022 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start the chosen course of study in the 2022-2023 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files that are no more than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files submitted in any other format (including Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will NOT be accepted.
Applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees in advance of submitting their application; for ensuring that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline and have received the reference request email from the online application system.
See other scholarship opportunity that may interest you:
- Excellence scholarship in France
- Engineering master’s scholarship in France
- University of Guelph Scholarships
- Arrell Graduate Scholarship in Canada
- MEXT Scholarships
Selection process for the online degree scholarships
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 9 May 2022. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme and universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2022.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
For more details, visit the official website