Is Canada one of your dream study destinations? That dream can come alive through the Arrell Graduate Scholarships powered by the Arrell Food Scholar program at the University of Guelph, Canada. Relax and read along on the opportunity and how to apply.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Always want to be aware of latest opportunities? Join Our Scholars Community
Overview of Arrell Graduate Scholarships
Arrell Food Institute at the University of Guelph is seeking emerging scholars who are not only academically outstanding but also passionately committed to ensuring that future generations are well-fed, that diets are nutritious and equitable, and that agriculture is sustainable. Arrell Food Institute provides graduate students the opportunity to engage in an experiential learning program that will prepare them to be leaders in the agri-food sector and address key agriculture and food challenges.
You can also Apply for Research Scholarship in the UK
Benefits of Arrell Graduate Scholarships
Arrell scholars receive:
- $50,000 CAD per year, up to four years for PhD students and up to two years for master’s studies;
- Workplace ready training;
- Applied learning opportunities to connect with industry and non-academic partners in the agri-food sector;
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with industry leaders through these partnerships on mutually beneficial projects;
- Opportunities to develop foundational skills in communication, teamwork and project management.
Also see Research Grant Opportunity in Norway
Eligibility for Arrell Graduate Scholarships in Canada
Students entering a graduate program in the Fall semester following the application deadline with a minimum first-class (A-) admissions average, whose research aligns with the vision of the Arrell Food Institute. In cases of extenuating circumstances, students may be able to defer the start of the award, subject to approval by their graduate program and the Arrell Food Institute.
The Arrell Graduate Scholarships will be awarded following a selection process through which all application files will be screened and then reviewed by a scholarship selection committee based upon:
- Outstanding academic achievement;
- Relevance of proposed research and personal motivation to the vision of the Arrell Food Institute;
- Demonstration of commitment to public engagement, as evidenced in the CV; and an Interview with the scholarship selection committee for those applicants that are short-listed.
- Read tips on scholarship application on this page
Applicants must complete an application for admission to a graduate program and an Arrell Graduate Scholarship Application to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
- Start the Arrell Scholarship Application & Confirm Your Email before 12:01 AM – 2/22/2023
- Submit an OUAC application before 12:01 AM – on 2/22/2023
- Receive the Prospective Advisor’s Response to the Arrell Graduate Scholarship Application before 12:01 AM 3/3/2023 (they will receive a link following you confirming your Arrell Application submission and email)
- OGPS receives All Application Documents and References before 12:01 AM 3/3/2023
- Complete your Arrell Submission before12:01 AM 3/3/2023 (you will receive a confirmation email for this step after your Prospective Advisor responds)
How to Apply
Part 1 for the Arrell Graduate Scholarships application:
- Submit a complete application for admission to a graduate program for Fall 2022:
- Any questions about the application for admission should be directed to the Graduate Program Assistant for the applicant’s desired program.
- Applicants should apply for admission to a graduate program at the University of Guelph with a plan of research that is compatible with the Arrell Food Institute’s vision (e.g. food security, plant science, consumer behaviour, diet and nutrition, etc.).
- For a complete listing of the many graduate programs and application information, review the website for Prospective Students.
- For insights into some of Guelph’s agriculture and food scholars, go to Experts at the University of Guelph and Arrell Food Institute at the University of Guelph.
The application for admission must be fully completed by the deadline listed above to be eligible for the Arrell Scholarship. Applicants who have not fully completed their application for admission before or by this deadline will be deemed ineligible and will not be considered in the competition. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that their application for admission is completed correctly.
Part 2 for the Arrell Graduate Scholarships application
- Submit a complete Arrell Scholarship Application by the deadlines listed above. A complete Arrell Scholarship application consists of the following items:
- a statement of research interests and personal motivations (maximum 2 pages, references not included);
- a current CV;
- a letter of support from the prospective advisor, which also confirms that the applicant will be accepted into a graduate program (the online Arrell Scholarship application will automatically send an email to your proposed advisor requesting their response.) Please advise your prospective advisor of their submission deadline (listed above).
Conditions of Funding
Award recipients will be expected to register for UNIV*6050 in their first year or commit to an equivalent experiential learning opportunity;
- recipients may also be expected to participate in collaborative projects with the Arrell Food Institute and other scholarship winners
- recipients must maintain satisfactory progress in their graduate program
- This award cannot be held with the Ontario Graduate Scholarships/QEII- Graduate Scholarships in Science & Technology, Ontario Trillium Scholarships, the Brock Doctoral Scholarship, Dairy Farmers of Ontario Doctoral Research Assistantship, or Tri-Council Scholarships, including the Vanier.
Further details on the call for this application can be gotten n the Website