Learning is a continuous activity so they say. If we must engage in it throughout our lifetime, then it must be flexible and be at our individual pace. In this article, you will get the needed information about the fully funded online master’s degree at the University of Edinburg.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Always want to be aware of the latest opportunities? Join Our Scholars Community
Overview of the online masters degree
If you are a graduate, or are soon to graduate, as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar from a Mastercard Foundation partner institution, find out more about applying to study a postgraduate qualification online. Gaining an Online Masters is an excellent way to earn a qualification which is equivalent to on-campus study, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online Masters’s qualifications though the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to Masters degrees taught on campus.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet. The scholarship is designed to cover three years of part-time online study.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program with the University of Edinburgh, including regular online workshops with our scholars, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
Other funded opportunities in the UK: Scholarships at Keele University for International Students
Eligible Courses for the online masters degree
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
MSc International Development, MSc Global Health Policy, MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition, MSc Social Justice and Community Action, MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation, MSc Digital Education and MSc One Health
Application for the online masters program
Applications for September 2022 entry to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh opens on Dec 15, 2022 and close at 16:00 (GMT) on January 27, 2023.
You may also be interested in Scholarships for international students in Belgium
Eligibility criteria for the online courses
See some scholarship application tips here
- You must be a graduate or be about to graduate as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar in a Mastercard Foundation partner institution to be eligible for the online masters degree
- Applicants for the online masters degree must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed above. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree..
- You must be a citizen of an African country (with the exception of Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco & Tunisia), whose personal circumstances would make accepting an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- You should demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and former school/university.
- You must be able to present economic circumstances which show you lack financial means to pursue higher education in your home country or elsewhere
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how they will approach the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study.
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship.
Visit the official website for more details.