Call for application for the Romania Government Scholarships 2022. The Government of Romania through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and Ministry of Education (MA) have announced the call for applications for the Romanian Government Scholarships 2022-2023 academic year. Each year, scholarships are provided to the citizens from non-EU countries as part of the Romanian Government intercultural exchange program. Romanian Government Scholarships are provided at Bachelors (undergraduate), Masters and PhD levels covering all field of study except Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy. Only candidates having good results in education corresponding to 70% of the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case, are eligible.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Never miss any scholarship news again. Join our whatsapp channel here
Eligibility for the Romanian Government Scholarships 2023
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- Submit a complete file;
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology.
Strongly recommended for you:
- Scholarships in Belgium for international students
- Funded Masters and PhD Positions at University of Manitoba Canada
- Singapore International Graduate Award | Fully Funded PhD Scholarships
- 16 Masters Scholarships in Canada At Winnipeg University
- 14 Funding Opportunities for International Students at the University of Edinburg
What level of study does the Romanian Government scholarship 2023 cover?
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher education institutions in Romania:
Bachelor’s degree programmes are addressed to graduates of high school studies or pre-university studies at the end of which they obtained a baccalaureate degree or equivalent, as well as candidates applying for further university studies in Romania. The complete programme runs for a period of 3-6 years, depending on the specialization followed and ends with a bachelor’s exam;
Master’s degree programmes are addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years and end with the dissertation exam;
Doctoral programmes are addressed to graduate students or equivalent and run for a period of 3-5 years, depending on the profile of the chosen faculty and end with the presentation of a PhD thesis. Admission to PhD and obtaining a scholarship are conditioned by an entrance examination.
This may also interests you:
- 16 low tuition fee colleges in Canada for international students
- Lists of Scholarships in Australia for International Students in 2023
- 40 Masters and PhD Scholarship Positions in Thailand
- Sustainability Leader Scholarship at University of Limerick Ireland
- Fully Funded Master and PhD Positions at University of Calgary, Canada
- Fully Funded CERN Summer Internship 2023
What is the language of study for the Romanian Government Scholarships 2023?
In order to promote the Romanian language and culture, the beneficiaries of the scholarships granted by the Romanian state for undergraduate and master’s studies study only in Romanian language. The exception is doctoral scholarship holders, who can opt for studies in Romanian or in a foreign language set by the doctoral school. For candidates who do not speak Romanian language, a preparatory year is granted for the study of the Romanian language prior to the actual university studies, with the exception of doctoral scholarship holders who have opted for the form of education in a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
The following categories of persons are exempted from enrolling in the Romanian language preparatory year:
- those who present Romanian study documents (diplomas or certificates) or study documents, school records attesting at least four consecutive years of studies attended in Romanian in an educational unit/institution from the Romanian national system;
- those who, in order to enrol in university education, pass the Romanian language test, organized according to the regulations in force;
- those who, in order to enrol in university education, present a certificate of linguistic competence in Romanian, minimum level B1, issued according to the regulations in force.
Enrolment dates for the Scholarships 2022
The enrolment period begins on December 20, 2021. The deadline for submitting applications is March 1, 2023.