PhD Scholarship for international students
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights—most importantly with fully funded scholarships. SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multicultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Click to join our community of scholars for timely scholarship updates
About the fully funded scholarships in Singapore
The fully funded PhD scholarships in Singapore is powered by the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA). SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
PhD training will be carried out in English at the candidates’ chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
Strongly recommended for you: 9 Fully Funded PhD Programs At Wageningen University
The fully funded scholarships in Singapore powered by SINGA support PhD studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
More information on the supported research areas can be gotten through the links below:
Please note that you will be required to indicate your choice of supervisor in the application form.
Eligibility criteria for the fully funded PhD scholarships in Singapore
The eligibility criteria are stated below:
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. PhD Scholarship for international students
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Benefits of the fully funded PhD cholarships in Singapore
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Application Documents PhD Scholarship for international students
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying. All application documents are to be submitted online
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees). PhD Scholarship for international students
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Applicants for the fully funded PhD scholarships are encouraged to follow the following application process:
Browse PhD Research Projects: Go to Research Areas to browse the projects that interest you. PhD Scholarship for international students
Kindly note the following IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Apply now via this link here!
Application Deadline PhD Scholarship for international students
The submission deadline is 1 June 2023 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
For further details, kindly visit the official website