Scholarship for international students in Singapore
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Nanyang Technological University in Singapore is now inviting interested and qualified international students to submit applications for the undergraduate scholarship of the university. Nanyang Technological University is of a top-ranked higher institutions of learning in the Lion City. This is therefore an opportunity for any international student to begin his or her study abroad journey in Singapore. All fields of study are eligible for the scholarship.
Click to join our community of scholars for timely scholarship updates
About Nanyang Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore
The Nanyang Scholarship is NTU’s foremost undergraduate scholarship awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing undergraduate programs at the university. Nanyang Scholarship recognizes students who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership potential, and possess outstanding co-curricular records. Hence, it is important to be prepared at each stage of the application and interview process. Please read the information below before submitting your application. If you’re short-listed, be sure to leave a great impression at the scholarship interview.
Strongly recommended for you:
- Fully funded Undergraduate Scholarship at Simmons University
- How to Win Hidden Scholarships with Cold Email
- International Entrance Scholarship in Canada
- 8 Scholarships in Australia for Worldwide Students
Eligibility for the Undergraduate Scholarship in Singapore
The Nanyang undergraduate scholarship in Singapore is open to a wide range of students who desire to pursue a Bachelor degree in Singapore. The eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Open to all nationalities.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate degree program. The scholarship will cover the years of study^ at NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential
Benefits of the Award
Successful fresh men for the awards stand to benefit all of the following for their bachelor program:
- Nanyang Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on the condition that the scholarship holder maintains a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year.
(Applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.)
- Travel grant of up to S$5,000 for an overseas programme subject to terms and conditions in the Travel Grant Form.
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off).
No bond is attached to the Nanyang Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
Terms and Condition for the award
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, university loans or awards.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- Scholarship holder is required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing the university to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc, as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder’s progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
Application Period for the Bachelor Scholarship in Singapore
The application period varies for each of the undergraduate programs of the university. You can check your program of interest here undergraduate programs of Nanyang University.
This may also interest:
- Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarships In Ghana
- Liveris Undergraduate Scholarships in Australia
- 6 Undergraduate scholarships in USA for you
Method of Application for the scholarships
Applicants are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for the scholarship.
The scholarship application form can be found at the link ‘Apply for Scholarship’ at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. Check here for tips The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
Applicants are required to submit the following after completing their application form:
- Upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- Submit a referee’s appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application. Apply for your desired undergraduate program here undergraduate admission portal
For more details, visit the official scholarship website