Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Opportunity for young and talented Africans to pursue a postgraduate degree program at any of the Pan African University institutes on a fully funded scholarships. If this excite you, read the full details below: Before you proceed, kindly read how to submit winning scholarship application
Join our community of scholars for latest scholarship updates. Click here
About the Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes. Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
To see the list of the institutes and programs please check the page Institutes & programs
Read about How you can study in Canada without IELTS
Eligibility for the Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans
The postgraduate scholarships for Africans covers for master and PhD programs. The eligibility criteria for each category are detailed below:
You can also apply for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship at University of Pretoria
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
- Candidates must satisfy the following conditions
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email address and whatsapp number) (*Mandatory)
Read also fully funded scholarships in Germany
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes
- Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detail CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- A 3 to 4 page Research Concept Note (tentative title, research questions, objectives, significance of the research etc…);
- Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with email address and whatsapp number);(Mandatory);
Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre- selection.
Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
See postgraduate research scholarships in Asia:
- ADS Lab at KIST is currently recruiting postgraduate and Postdoc candidates,in South Korea
- Funded research positions at Gachon University in South Korea
- 15 Fully funded MSc. Scholarships in Thailand
Benefits of the Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Read how you can study in Europe for free
How to Apply for the Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans
Steps to apply:
- After reading the conditions, Click on ‘Register’
- Provide a valid username and your email
- Check your inbox to confirm the registration by clicking on the confirmation link (Please check the spams as well)
- Provide a valid password
- Login using your credentials
- Open the ‘Application’ page and provide all your data
- Click on Save button and after finishing click on FINISH button
Application Deadline for the Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans
Closing date for the submission of applications with all supporting documents is 15 September 2022. Applications received after this deadline will NOT be considered.
For further details, kindly visit the official announcement