Through the Shanghai Government Scholarships, international students can study in China for the 2024 intakes.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the Scholarships for International Students in China
Are you an international student who wants to pursue a masters or doctorate degree in China’s most dynamic and vibrant city? If so, you may be eligible for the Shanghai Government Scholarships for International Students 2024. These scholarships are offered by the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission to support outstanding foreign students who wish to study at universities and colleges in Shanghai. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation fees, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance. There are three types of scholarships: Type A, for doctoral and master’s degree students; Type B, for bachelor’s degree students; and Type C, for exchange students and visiting scholars. The application period for the 2024 academic year is from January 1 to April 30, 2024.
You may be interested in Beijing Institute of Technology Postgraduate Scholarships 2024
Eligibility for the International Scholarships in China
To be eligible for the international students scholarship in China by Shanghai Government, you need to:
- Be a foreign citizen and in good health condition.
- Have the appropriate academic background and age limit for your desired program:
- For undergraduate programs, you need to have a high school diploma and be under 25 years old.
- For master’s programs, you need to have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years old.
- For doctoral programs, you need to have a master’s degree and relevant academic achievements, and be under 40 years old.
- For undergraduate preparatory courses, you need to have a high school degree or higher, obtain a pre-admission letter from the undergraduate admission institution, and be under 23 years old.
- Have excellent academic performance.
- Meet the language proficiency requirements for your chosen program and institution:
- You need to pass the new HSK level 4 or higher (you must provide a new HSK certificate).
- You also need to meet the specific language requirements for the teaching language of your program and institution.
- Fulfill the specific requirements of your program and institution.
- Not receive any other scholarships from the Chinese government at the same time.
Application Documents for the Shanghai Government Scholarship
The following documents are required for the Shanghai Government Scholarship application:
- SGS application form
- East China Normal University application form
- Educational Certificates
- Copy of Passport
- Study Plan
- Research proposal (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Recommendation letters
- Physical Examination Form
- Acceptance Letter (if applicable)
- Proof of Language
- Non-Criminal Certificate, See how you can process your Police Clearance Certificate
How to Apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarship
To apply for your desired school and major in Shanghai, you need to log in to the “Study in Shanghai” website and fill out the online application form. The application period is usually from February to April every year, but it may vary depending on the institution you choose. Please check the admissions website of each institution for the latest information and requirements.
For more details, visit the official website