Central European University in Hungary is offering scholarships for international students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies for 2024 intake. If studying in Hungary aligns well with your ambition, here is your opportunity.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About CEU Scholarships in for International Students in Hungary
A new academic year at Central European University (CEU) is about to begin, and they are inviting applications from prospective students who want to join their diverse and vibrant community. You can start sending your documents now if you are interested in studying at CEU. CEU value democracy, open societies, inclusion and diversity, and they seek students who share these ideals and aspirations. CEU also offer you the opportunity to enjoy the cultural richness and beauty of Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world. No matter if you are applying for an undergraduate or a graduate program, choosing the right university is a crucial step for your future. CEU provides high-quality education and comprehensive support for students at all stages of their academic journey.
Like to study in China? See Shanghai Government Scholarships For International Students 2024
Eligibility Requirement for CEU Admission
To be considered for the scholarships for international students in Hungary for the 2024 intake, you need to first meet the admission requirement of CEU.
For undergraduate admission into CEU, the following criteria holds:
You are eligible to apply if you have completed or will complete high school before joining CEU, and you have the English proficiency to study at the university level.
For masters admission into CEU, the following criteria hold:
- To apply for a CEU master’s program, you need a first degree from a recognized university or institution, or proof that you will get one before enrollment.
- For two-year master’s programs, you need at least 180 ECTS credits (or equivalent) from your undergraduate studies. For one-year master’s programs, you need at least 240 ECTS credits (or equivalent).
- In some cases, you may be admitted to a one-year master’s program with only 180 ECTS credits (or equivalent), but this may limit your chances of pursuing a doctoral degree in Europe. Check the program’s website for more details.
- You cannot be enrolled in another higher education institution while studying at CEU, unless you have a leave of absence. You must declare any other enrollment when you start your studies at CEU.
- One ECTS credit is equal to 0.5 US credits. For more information about the credit systems, please see the links below.
For PhD admission into CEU, the following holds:
- Applicants need a bachelor’s and a master’s in a related field from a reputable university or show proof of getting them before starting a CEU PhD program. Five-year master’s holders don’t need a bachelor’s.
- Exceptionally, the department accepts candidates with only a bachelor’s in a relevant discipline for cognitive science.
- CEU PhD students can’t enroll in other higher education institutions and must sign a declaration at the start of their studies at CEU.
You may also be interested Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Value of the CEU Scholarship Award
Through the kindness and support of donors, including alumni, CEU can offer scholarships and awards to talented students.
For undergraduate study, see the various scholarship awards available
For Postgraduate study, see the various scholarship awards available
How to Apply
Application into Central European University Hungary is entirely online. To be considered for the CEU scholarship, you must first meet the admission criteria for your desired study program and then proceed to apply for the scholarship of interest.