Why Study Postgraduate Program In Canada?
Canada is one of the most popular destinations for international students looking to pursue higher education. There are several reasons why studying in Canada is a great choice, including a high-quality education system, a welcoming and diverse culture, and excellent career prospects.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Canada is home to some of the best universities in the world, including the University of Toronto, the University of British Columbia, and McGill University. These institutions offer a wide range of programs and courses, with a focus on research and innovation. Canadian universities also have a strong reputation for academic excellence and are known for producing graduates who are highly skilled and sought after by employers.
In addition to its excellent education system, Canada is also known for its welcoming and diverse culture. Canadians are known for their friendly and inclusive nature, making it easy for international students to feel at home. Canada is also a multicultural country, with people from all over the world living and working together. This diversity creates a rich cultural experience and provides opportunities for international students to learn about different cultures and ways of life.
Though studying in Canada is not cheap, there are numerous funding opportunities students can explore to actualize their studies in Canada dream. SRK graduate scholarship is one of those. See other funding options here
Click to join our community of scholars for timely scholarship updates
About the SRK Master & PhD Scholarships In Canada
SRK is an independent, international consulting practice providing integrated services to the mining and metals sector. The company employs over 1,400 professional consultants in over 45 offices on 6 continents and has been providing clients with innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for over 40 years. Their client base includes major, mid-tier, and junior mining companies, financial institutions, and financial authorities.
Strongly recommended for you: Singapore International Graduate Award
SRK Consulting (Canada) Inc. is pleased to offer a graduate scholarship program for the 2023/24 academic year. This program assists students undertaking mining industry-related graduate studies including:
- Mining and Mineral Process Engineering
- Exploration and Mining Geology
- Hydrotechnical and Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrogeology and Geochemistry
- Tailings and Mine Waste Management
- Environmental Science and Engineering
Eligibility Requirements For Graduate Scholarship in Canada
To be eligible to apply for the SRK consulting scholarship to study in Canada, an applicant must:
- Be accepted to a scientific or engineering MSc or PhD program in Canada that is related to the mining industry
- Have an appropriate undergraduate degree
- Be legally entitled to study in Canada
Application Procedure For The SRK Master & PhD Scholarships in Canada
Compile an application package that includes the following:
- A brief resume (no more than two pages) including work experience details
- Academic transcripts
- A written statement (500 words or less) outlining:
- Topic and summary of the intended graduate research
- Applicability of the research to the mining industry
- Benefit to be obtained from the scholarship
- Applicant’s desire to work in the mining industry
- Other information the applicant considers relevant to their application
- Written recommendations (including contact information) by at least two university or other industry references
- List of other awards or scholarships received and/or applied for
Submit the completed application package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date
Selection Criteria For The SRK Master & PhD Scholarships in Canada
The graduate scholarship recipients will be chosen by a scholarship panel that may request shortlisted applicants to present their applications formally. Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic achievement as evidenced by their academic record
- Prior industry experience (if applicable)
- Relevance of future studies to the mining industry
Recipients will be notified in early September 2023.
All applications must be submitted on or before May 30, 2023.
For more information, see the official call