About the Africa Scholarship Program at Wageningen University
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) at Wageningen University in the Netherlands offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree and to also support capacity building in Africa. The program will offer ten (10) fully funded master programs for programs starting in September 2023 and February 2024 at the University.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
Eligibility for the Africa Scholarship Program at Wageningen
For your application to be considered for the Africa Scholarship Program at Wageningen University in the Netherlands, each applicant must meet the following eligibility requirement stated below:
- You are a citizen of an African country.
- You have applied for one of the master’s programs of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
- You are an excellent and proven top 5% student with a First class honors degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor’s degree.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, you are not eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited to the selection procedure.
Apply for the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands
Benefits of the Scholarship for the Africa Scholarship at Wageningen
The scholarship comes with the following benefits:
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- A budget for participation in the ‘Future Potential Programme
How to apply for the Africa Scholarship Program
Step 1: Apply for an MSc programme before February 1st, 2023
Read How to study for free in Europe
If the requirements that are stated above apply to you, and you have applied for an MSc programme before the given deadline, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
Step 2: Invitation to apply
In March 2023, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on March 20, 2023 to participate in the ASP selection procedure. Only candidates who are invited to take part in the selection procedure will receive an e-mail.
The selected candidates will be invited to write an assignment for which the deadline will be April 3, 2023.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments, a smaller selection of candidates will be invited for an online interview with a part of the selection committee. Candidates who have submitted an assignment will be informed on April 17, 2023 whether or not they will be invited for an online interview.
The Skype interviews will take place between April 20 and April 28, 2023.
The last day to apply for MSc. the programme at Wageningen is February 1, 2023.
For more details, visit the official portal