Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands for International Students
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships that cover tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a master’s program at UM.
The Scholarship program consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree program in the Netherlands.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
Benefits of the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands for International Students
The Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands for international students will offer the following benefits:
- € 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months) living stipends
- About € 700* for health insurance
- Visa application fee of € 207
- Full tuition and other pre-training costs
See this fully funded Postgraduate Scholarships in UAE
Eligibility for the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands for International Students
To be considered for this prestigious scholarship award in the Netherlands, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a participating full-time master program at Maastricht University for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2023.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrates that they are among the top 5% of the 2023-2024 scholarship program applicants.
See how you study in Norway for free
Application Materials for the Scholarship in the Netherlands
Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer than two A4 pages.
Proof of academic excellence
You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence:
1. Your university transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first class honors) for your entire study program; or,
2. A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study program. Please ensure that the letter contains the contact details of your Head of Department or Registrar.
Personal statement of financial needs
Please explain why you would benefit from being awarded a scholarship and describe your personal circumstances such as financial difficulty, sole parent/caretaking responsibilities, medical condition, disability, refugee status etc.
A reference letter
We have prepared scholarship reference letter guidelines; please forward them to your referee, as they will help your referee to write a good reference letter on your behalf. Please note that referees must be (former) professors, lecturers, or employers, and not family members. Recommendation letters should be dated and written no earlier than February 2022
The contact details of one referee
Please note that we might check the authenticity of your referee by contacting your referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details:
– Relationship to the applicant; indicate your referee’s connection to you. Is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
– Work telephone number of your referee; be sure to include the applicable country calling code.
– Work or institutional email address of your referee. Letters referencing only a personal email address will be rejected.
How to Apply for the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands
Interested and qualified candidates for the Maastricht University Scholarships are enjoyed to follow the steps below to submit their application:
Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programmes at UM. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
Step 2: Please fill in the application form, you need to log in with your UM account
Please use this link to fill out the application form. We can only accept applications via the application form.
Application Deadline for the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands for International Students
The last day to apply for the Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherlands is February 1, 2023
For more details, kindly visit the official website