About the Excellence Scholarships in the Netherlands
At the Delft University of Technology, a number of scholarships are available for excellent international applicants to study in the Netherlands. Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships are one of those which is financed by the legacy of Justus and Louise van Effen. Mr. van Effen studied at TU Delft in the 1940s and strongly believed technological developments will contribute to solving societal issues. The Foundation Justus & Louise van Effen was established with the aim of stimulating excellent international MSc students and financially supporting them in their wish to study at TU Delft.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
See Eric Bleumink Scholarships in Netherlands for international students
Value of the Excellence Scholarships in the Netherlands
Full tuition fees per year for a TU Delft MSc program are based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, and contribution for the living expenses.
See how you can study in Europe for free
Eligibility for the Excellence Scholarships in the Netherlands
The Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarship is a prestigious award, you must meet the eligibility criteria. Which are:
- You are an excellent international applicant (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year Regular TU Delft MSc programs (not a Joint Education Programme).
- You have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum.
- You have a bachelor’s degree from an internationally renowned university outside of The Netherlands.
- You have submitted a complete MSc application before the scholarship deadline.
- Meet the MSc. Admission at the university. (check the admission requirements)
See also, Maastricht University Scholarship in the Netherland
How to Apply for the Excellence Scholarships in the Netherlands
All documents required must be submitted at once with the MSc. Application.
- Complete your MSc application
- Upload the Scholarship Application Form. See tips for submitting an outstanding application on this page
- Upload two reference letters
- You can upload your reference letters during your MSc application (as one PDF document), according to the indicated requirement.
- You can request reference letters from your referee(s). Fill out the information about your referee/s and invite them by using the ‘send invitation button. The referee(s) will receive an automatic email inviting him/her to upload a reference for you.
- You can combine both procedures. E.g. 1 upload and 1 referee request.
- Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application.
- Reference letters will not be accepted after the Scholarship deadline.
- Upload the English language certificate
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
All documents required for the scholarship must be submitted together with the MSc Application. After submission no additional documents can be uploaded.
All applications for excellence scholarships in the Netherlands must be submitted before December 1, 2022.
For further details, kindly visit the official website