About the Scholarship for International Students in China
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
For a timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Whatsapp Community
Value of the Award
The Yenching Academy scholarship will cover the following:
- Full tuition
- Monthly stipends
- One round trip travel fare
- Field study cost
Apply for the Schwarzman Scholarship at Tsinghua University, China
Eligibility for the Scholarship for International Students in China
To be considered for the award of the Yenching Academy scholarship for international students in China, the applicant must have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2023;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Apply for some of these 50 PhD scholarships in the UK
Application Documents for the Scholarship for International Students in China
Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
○ IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
○ TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
○ Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
○ CET 6: Overall 600
○ TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
* Native English speakers and alumni of an English taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
* TOEFL and IELTS English proficiency tests must be taken after September 1, 2021. Currently, we do not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores, TOEFL iBT Home Edition, or IELTS Indicator test.
* Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations. Make sure you choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
How to Apply for the Scholarship for International Students in China
Application details will be available through the admissions portal once the applicant has created an account.
The last day to apply for the Yenching Academy Scholarship for international students in China is November 27, 2022.
For more details, kindly visit the official website