Master scholarships in the USA at the prestigious UC Berkeley courtesy of Mastercard Foundation. Read along to know how to apply.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the Master Scholarship in USA in 2024
The University of California, Berkeley, has teamed up with The Mastercard Foundation in a fantastic initiative. They’ve created a global network involving educational institutions and non-profit organizations who strongly believe in the power of education to bring about positive social and economic change.
This initiative, called the Scholars Program, has a wonderful goal: to nurture a group of young leaders who are not only ethical but also entrepreneurial and full of energy. These young leaders will be at the forefront, driving and leading the transformation of societies and economies in Africa. The Scholars Program is continuously growing, and so far, it has pledged over USD $1.2 billion. This significant investment has supported the education and leadership development of more than 40,000 bright young minds. It’s truly inspiring to see how education can pave the way for a brighter. future, isn’t it?
Click to join our community of scholars for timely scholarship updates
Eligibility for the Masters Scholarship in USA 2024
To be eligible for the UC Berkeley Mastercard Master Scholarship in USA in 2024,the following must applies to you:
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, which also includes Africans who are refugees or displaced within the African continent. Please note that this opportunity is not open to citizens of North African countries or individuals with dual citizenship, asylee, refugee, or permanent resident status in the US, Canada, UK, or EU.
- Academic excellence is a crucial factor. You must first gain admission to a UC Berkeley master’s degree program to be considered for the scholarship. Demonstrating outstanding academic talent is key to being accepted into the university.
- Furthermore, UC Berkeley looking for individuals who show leadership potential and are dedicated to developing transformative leadership skills. This means engaging with others in an ethical manner to create positive and lasting change. They encourage candidates from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, especially those who might not have easy access to quality further education.
- In addition to academic achievements, they value well-rounded individuals who are actively involved in activities beyond the classroom. Your engagement can be related to your field of study or other important issues such as social, economic, or political causes. We encourage you to share your achievements both in your application to UC Berkeley and in the scholarship application.
- Moreover, it’s essential that you have a strong commitment to giving back to your community, country, or continent. We are interested in students who are passionate about addressing issues affecting their communities and are willing to utilize their education at UC Berkeley to make a difference. While we acknowledge that impactful work can be done from abroad, our aim is to empower scholars to return home. Through internships, academic training, and job placements, we hope to equip scholars with the knowledge and skills needed to address pressing issues in their home countries upon their return.
How to Apply for the Masters Scholarship in USA 2024
Before you can be considered for the Mastercard Foundations Scholars Program, you need to apply for a graduate program. However, not all Master’s Degree programs are eligible. Here’s a list of the programs that qualify.
The last day to submit your application for the Master Scholarship in USA in 2024 at the UC Berkeley is March 1st, 2024.
For more details, visit the official website