Online Master Scholarship
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the Online Master Scholarship
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals set the direction toward a better, more sustainable future for all. The University of Manchester Equity and Merit Scholarships aim to empower young professionals in the Global South to deliver solutions to meet these interlinked goals.
The Equity and Merit Scholarships are for academically excellent students who have the potential to make a significant contribution to sustainable development in their home countries. The awards are intended for those who cannot afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship. Therefore, a policy of equal opportunity and fair play will be deployed. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. The scholarship comes in two variants:
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration).
- Part-time, distance learning master’s (three to five years duration) for the online masters.
Value and Number of the Online Master Scholarship Award
There are 39 scholarships (29 for full-time study and ten for online masters study) available for a range of courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses and visas
This may also interest you: 14 fully funded MSW Scholarships in the USA
Eligibility For the Online Master Scholarship
The master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you will need:
- to be a resident citizen of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe, and have not previously studied outside of Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- at least two years of professional experience related to your chosen field of study (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- a bachelor’s degree (you must have graduated before September 2021) with an overall excellent grade. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- to be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of your home country;
- a clear idea of how studying at Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
Masters programs under the following fields are eligible: Chemical Engineering, Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Development, Education, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Environment, Humanitarian and Conflict Response, Human Resource Management, Law, Medical and Health Sciences, Materials and Textiles
Application Timeline For the Equity and Merit Scholarship
Application opens August 1, 2023.
For more details, visit the official website