Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the World Bank Legal Internship
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of a maximum of three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
Eligibility for the World Bank Legal Internship
You are eligible to apply for the World Bank Legal Internship if you can answer yes to the following:
- Do you hold citizenship of any IBRD member state?
- Are you enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Do you have an excellent command of the English language?
Preference shall be given to candidates who possess a decent command of a second language, especially if that is one of the working languages of IBRD (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Applications from eligible international as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
See how you can get Free University Education in Europe
World Bank Legal Internship Role
- Interns will likely be involved in a plethora of tasks, as they arise during the term of the Internship Program, such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings.
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
How to Apply
To apply for the world bank law internship program, follow the steps below:
Please submit the below documents through this link along with the following documents
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
Application for the World Bank Law Internship program is between September 1- 30, 2022.
For more details, visit the official website