Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the Skoll MBA Scholarship
The Skoll Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students to Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Scholarship covers the full course fees for the MBA programme, as well as partial living expenses. The Skoll Scholarship provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
Value of the Skoll MBA Scholarship
The Skoll Scholarship is intended to cover the Oxford Saïd MBA course fees. Additional funds are provided as a contribution towards living expenses. In rare cases partial scholarships may be offered.
Swiss Excellent Scholarship Award for international students to study in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll MBA scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following conditions.
You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make positive social impact
Creating Impact with a focus on systems change
You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
Your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work
Fully funded Hong Kong Fellowship for international students in Hong Kong
Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
You are a force for positive change
You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
You have bias toward action
You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
You have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
You are in a position where the cost of the programme is a significant financial burden
You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
How to apply for the Skoll Scholarship
To apply for the Skoll MBA Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the Oxford MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You need to do this during stages 1, 2 or 3 of the MBA admissions process.
- As part of your MBA application, upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA programme or not.
- If you received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, your application will automatically go forward to the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applications for the Scholarship are reviewed after each MBA admissions stage.
- You will receive an update on the status of your Scholarship application and whether your application is going forward to final shortlisting shortly after MBA admission decisions have been made from each stage.
- If you receive confirmation that your Scholarship application is going forward to final shortlisting, keep an eye out for an email from the Skoll Centre with a link to the Logistics and Reference Form. See timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Once you have received the email, complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions to confirm your contact details (in case you are invited to interview), how you heard about the Scholarship and your referees contact details. Please note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
Skoll MBA Scholarship Application Timeline
- Apply for the Oxford Said MBA during stages 1, 2 or 3 (including submitting your Skoll Scholarship essays) by 4 January 2023 (at the latest)
- Scholarship applications from Stage 1 reviewed (candidates updated) November 2022
- Scholarship applications from Stage 2 reviewed (candidates updated) January 2023
- Scholarship applications from Stage 3 and those shortlisted from Stage 1 and 2 reviewed March and April 2023
- Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form sent to candidates End of March 2023
- Skoll Scholarship Logistics and Reference Form submission deadline Early April 2023
- Interview decisions made (all candidates updated) Mid April 2023
- First stage interviews (online) End April 2023
- Final stage interviews (online) Mid May 2023
- Skoll Scholarship final decision Mid May 2023
For more details visit the official website