Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About Fully Funded the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
The Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme was established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009 with the goal of attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities. About 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2023/24 academic year.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
Eligibility For the Fully Funded PhD Fellowship in Hong Kong
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
You can also apply for Gates Cambridge Postgraduate Scholarship in the UK
Benefits of the Fully Funded Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship provides the following:
- an annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690);
- a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years. For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities. For details, please contact the universities concerned directly.
See how you can study in Norway for free
Selection Criteria for the Fully Funded Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities
Scholarships in Canada you must not miss
How to Apply
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2022 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
Applicants may choose up to two programmes / departments at one or two universities for PhD study under HKPFS 2023/24. They should comply with the admission requirements of their selected universities and programmes.
As the deadlines for applications to some of the universities may immediately follow that of the Initial Application, candidates should submit initial applications as early as possible to ensure that they have sufficient time to submit applications to universities.
Read further details on how to apply
Research scholarships in South Korea
Application Deadline for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship
The last day to apply for the fellowship is December 1, 2022.
More information can be gotten on the official website