Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation offers international students across the world a unique opportunity to study in Germany for either Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D programs in an accredited German university.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
About Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship in Germany
Heinrich Boll Foundation offers scholarships in Germany to roughly 1200 international students annually to pursue either Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. in all relevant fields of interest. International students must be eligible to pursue a degree at state-recognized or state institute in Germany. Candidates with outstanding academic records can use the scholarship as a specific amount of money provides every semester to cover the expenses of German studies.
Eligibility for the Scholarships
- International students who are eligible for admission into any German university.
- It is also essential that applicants have proof of proficiency in German. Good or very good knowledge of the German language is required (at least B2 Level or DSH2).
See scholarships in Canada you must not miss
Benefits Of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship in Germany
Candidates from countries outside of the European Union will get €1,200 monthly and €100 mobility allowance each month and other individual allowances excluding tuition fee costs.
Candidates coming from the European Union will get a grant of €1,350 per month and €100 research costs allowance excluding tuition fee costs. The scholarship grant is given for two years with the possibility of extension twice by half a year for international scholarships.
How to Apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship in Germany
Applicants are advised to note that only online applications are accepted
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
- Register for the online application portal
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline
Scholarship Application Timelines
The application deadline is March 1st and September 1st. Please note: We only accept online applications. The application portal will be opened about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
For further details, visit the official website