Chevening provides a unique opportunity for students with strong leadership potential anywhere in the world to pursue one year fully funded masters program in any UK university. Along with the funding opportunity, award recipients will also have the privilege of participating in other Chevening programs towards the holistic development of their respective leadership potentials. Those this interest you? Kindly read more details about the opportunity below. Read advice on how to win prestigious scholarship like this
For timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Community
About the Fully Funded Chevening Masters Scholarships in the UK
Chevening, a UK government’s international scholarships and fellowships program funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and partner organizations. The funded masters scholarship offers individuals who show the potential to inspire, inform, and influence positive change the opportunity to study at a UK university to gain a UK educational qualification.
Chevening Scholars study subjects in almost any field, and thereafter go on to implement their ideas for positive change in a range of sectors in the respective local communities. After completing their period of study in the UK, they return home and join our global network of over 50,000 alumni. You can also see some other Scholarships in the Uk
Who is Eligible for the Fully Funded Chevening Masters Scholarships in the UK
Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK on fully funded scholarship. To be eligible, applicant must therefore:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
See scholarships in South Korea just for you
Value of the Fully Funded Chevening Masters Scholarships in the UK
The Chevening Scholarship includes a tailored engagement programme creating opportunities for scholars to network with each other as well as alumni, the FCDO, high profile speakers and partner organisations. Award recipients receive:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A departure allowance
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
- A travel top up allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review.
Don’t miss the over 200 scholarships at Tsinghua University China
Application Documents for the Fully Funded Chevening Masters Scholarships in the UK
Applicants for the Chevening Scholarship make available the following documents:
- Degree certificates
- Degree Transcript
- 2 Reference letters
- International passport
- Unconditional admission letter
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Chevening Masters Scholarships in the UK
Application for the 2023/2024 admission year for the fully funded masters scholarship in the UK will open on August 2nd, 2022. You can begin your application when it opens via this link
Read also how to legitimately study for free in Europe
Timelines for the Fully Funded Chevening Masters Scholarships in the UK
The last day to submit your application for the 2023/2024 Chevening program is November 1, 2022.