Many scholars are not clear about the procedures on How to Apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2022. as a result of the unconventional application procedures of the award. In this article, we will walk you through the process of the application process. Enjoy
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government with the aim of providing opportunities for foreign students to pursue their higher education studies in Hungary. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of international students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students. The scholarship programme is managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and coordinated by Tempus Public Foundation. The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary. Currently, more than 80 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme on 5 different continents, and the geographical scope of the programme is widening each year. The scholarship program offers both full-degree and partial study opportunities in the three-cycle degree structure (bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes), mostly in the English language, however, other foreign language study programmes are also available in the frame of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme. Students can also apply for a one-year Hungarian language preparatory training course, following which they can pursue their higher education studies in the Hungarian language.
Available Study Levels
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, doctoral, non-degree programmes (preparatory courses) and postgraduate specialist training courses.
See scholarship opportunities in Belgium for international students
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship
-exemption from the payment of tuition fee
– non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 120) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
– free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
– health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca EUR 180) a year/person.
Please bear in mind that these provisions are only a contribution to the living expenses of the Scholarship Holders. It means that it does not fully cover all the costs of living and the students need to add their own financial resources in order to cover all living expenses in Hungary.
How to Apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2022
Available Host Institutions and Study Programmes For The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2023
At this level,28 Hungarian higher education institutions are engaged in the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme for the 2022/2023 academic year with almost 500 study programmes in foreign languages (taught mainly in the English language). Study programmes are generally available in the English and Hungarian languages, with some programmes offered in German and French as well. The available study programmes and Host Institutions are accessible in the online application system (https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/). Please note that you can only apply for these study. The University of Pecs is also participating institution
You may also want to apply for research funding in Thailand
Application Process for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2023
To apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum, you have the opportunity to apply for a maximum of two same-degree level programs form the eligible participation institutions. There are two compulsory processes involved in the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship:
- The application directly on the website deadline January 16th, 2023
- Application to your country’s sending partners. Varies with partner country
The application directly on the website for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2023
- Go to Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship website
- Click on apply now and follow the instruction.
Application to Your country’s sending partner for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships 2023
- Visit Stipendium Hungaricum Stipendium Scholarship website
- Select sending partners to know the eligible partner in your country of citizenship
- Input your country of Citizenship to see the eligible sending partners
- Follow the application instruction for your country of citizenship