Why Study At Melbourne University
The University of Melbourne is an ideal destination for international students seeking a quality undergraduate education. With world-class faculty, a diverse student body, and cutting-edge facilities, you’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge to succeed in your chosen field. Enjoy Melbourne’s rich cultural offerings, beautiful scenery, and bustling city life while gaining valuable experience and connections. Benefit from the university’s strong industry partnerships and internships, ensuring a smooth transition into the workforce. Start your journey to success with a degree from the University of Melbourne via its international undergraduate scholarship in Australia.
Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
Click to join our community of scholars for timely scholarship updates
Details of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship, Australia
The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship (MUIS) is awarded to high-achieving international students who wish to study an undergraduate program at the University of Melbourne. The scholarship covers full tuition fees for the duration of the course, as well as an allowance for living expenses. Recipients are selected based on academic merit and the scholarship is highly competitive. It is designed to attract the best and brightest students from around the world to study at one of the leading universities in Australia.
The MUIS program provides an opportunity for international students to access world-class education and to experience the vibrant culture and lifestyle of Melbourne.
Eligibility For The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand and not a permanent resident of Australia;
- have completed secondary school outside Australia or a foundation program in Australia
- have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne;
- have a secondary school result that places you in the top 3%, such as:
- GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical grades and an average result of at least 93% in the best three subjects
- Most Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result at least 98%
- International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of at least 42 (must be completed at a secondary school outside of Australia)
- US High School: a GPA of at least 3.9 in combination with a SAT of at least 1500 or a ACT of at least 31
- Canada Secondary School: an overall score of at least 97%
- India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE or State Board Exam); an overall score of at least 95%
- Vietnam High School an overall Year 12 GPA 9.0 or above
- not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program)
Benefits of the Scholarship
This scholarship provides either a:
- $10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of an undergraduate degree
- 50 percent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree, or
- 100 percent fee remission for the three-year duration of an undergraduate degree
How To Apply For the Scholarship
To apply for the University of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia, there is no separate application required. All eligible applicants are considered automatically.
The Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship in Australia is on a continuous basis. You can indicate your interest so that you can be considered for the next scholarship application rounds. Register MIUS