About the RYSA Youth Empowerment Program
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme (RYSA) is organized by the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with support from the Federal Government with UNCDF, UNIDO and EU as funding partners. The program is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income-earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy. The target youths demography are Nigerian youths who are of native origin from a rural community and are also in need of business start-ups and fundamental business skills.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
The RYSA Youth Empowerment for Nigerians has two training components as follows:
- The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carved out by Master Trainers designated across different communities Nationwide.
- The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS Is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for twelve weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programmes. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success In life and business.
Strongly recommended for you: Scholarships in the UK
The Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
- Introduction to Business
- Customer Relations
- Book Keeping
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Business Networking
- Business Modelling
List of Skill-Sets/Enterprises/Ventures in the Youth Empowerment Program
The available skills under the youth empowerment program are:
1. Aluminum Profiling
2. Catering and Confectioneries
3. Electrical Installations and Repairs
4. Fashion and Designs
5. Hair Dressing
8. POP, Screed Making and Painting
10. Welding and Fabrication
11. Woodwork and Furniture
12. Solar Works
13. Auto Mechanic
See scholarships in Canada for you
Benefits To RYSA Youth Empowerment Program
- Monthly Stipend: Beneficiaries of the program will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 in the course of their 6(six) months of training with RYSA.
- Startup-Packs. The Startup-packs for RYSA Nigeria program are; Work Tools and Seed Grants.
The Work Tools are equipment that will be given to beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start up their own enterprise. While the Seed Grant supports their ventures as new employers of manpower.
Eligibility For the RYSA Youth Empowerment
To be considered for this youth empowerment program, all applicants must meet the below stated criteria:
- Must be between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Must hail from a rural community across the 36 states in Nigeria.
- Must have First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) or higher.
- Must have basic knowledge on any of the listed enterprises/ventures, and have shown interest in the RYSA program.
- Be willing to learn new skills in the chosen area, which will help grow his/her personal venture after the training course.
Also, see these USA Scholarships
How To Apply For the RYSA Youth Empowerment Program
To apply for this youth development opportunity, kindly follow the steps below:
Step 1-Complete the online application
Interested candidates should Complete and submit the online application form, which will require confirming their registration with a valid email address and then setting up your contact information This will also involve uploading the electronic versions of the following documents:
If you do not receive the verification email, kindly wait for 10-15 minutes then log in with your registered email address and password.
Do not upload documents that are larger than 500kbs, it will not be processed.
- Passport Photograph: must be with white background and must be in jpg or png format only.
- Local Government Certificate of Origin: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
- Birth Certificate or Sworn Affidavit of Age Declaration: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
- Means of Identification: This should be either of the following; NIN , Voters ID , Drivers License, or International Passports. These also must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
Step 2-Select a Skill-set/Enterprises/Ventures:
Candidates are required to select one preferred Skill-Sets/Enterprise from the 13 different skills listed above for training and empowerment with the RYSA.
Step 3-Motivation/Personal statement
Interested candidates are to complete the online Motivation/Personal statement form, this should focus on your motivations and reasons for applying for RYSA youth training and empowerment programme, how the knowledge you will gain if selected, be of benefit to you and your rural community.
Step 3-Proficiency Skill Test Enrollment & Gurantors
Candidates should Click Enroll for Proficiency Skill Test button to enroll for the proficiency test
Please note that All Candidates must get enrolled for proficiency skill test as it is mandatory. The test will be conducted online based on the selected skill-sets in the next stage of the selection process.
Candidates are advised to take the practice test
Applicants of RYSA youth empowerment program should fill and submit the guarantors form to complete the application process.
For any Proficiency Skill Test related issues contact email@example.com
Step 4-Application Summary
Applicants for RYSA should take the time to review their applications before clicking on the SUBMIT button. Ensure that all information is entered correctly and there are no typographical errors. This might just be the difference between an automatic rejection and being shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process.
If there are errors in your application after a thorough review, please click on the Restart application button to begin your application from Step 1.
After Review and every information checks out correctly, then you can proceed to submit your application. No corrections can be made after submission.
For more details, see the official website