Google generation for women in tech scholarships. As part of its desire at preparing the next generation to be fully ready for the upcoming development, google through its education and scholarship initiatives is empowering the upcoming generation. The laser of this particular initiative is focused on women, to intentionally close the gender gap/imbalance and to create opportunity for all.
Are you a female student currently enrolled in a computer science or technologically inclined field? Then the google generation for women in computer science is specifically designed for you. Add it to your list of opportunities for 2023. Read below to see the value of the award and how to apply.
For a timely update on opportunities and application tips, Join Our Scholars Whatsapp Community
About the Google Scholarships For Women in Technology
The Google Generation Scholarships for women in computer science or Technology related fields was established to assist aspiring computer scientists to excel in technology and become influential in the field. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background. The program is open to qualified students who meet all the minimum qualifications. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply.
See these gender-based scholarships:
Value of the Google Women in Tech Scholarships
The selected students for the 2022/2023 academic year received an award amounting to Euros 7,000 (or local equivalent). Therefore, the 2023/2024 academic year will be in this range.
Apply for the International Students Scholarships at the University of Dundee
Eligibility for the Google Women In Technology Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the google generation scholarship for women in tech or computer science, interested applicants must:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university at the time of application.
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for in the subsequent academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Application Process for the Google Women in Tech Scholarships
In order to be awarded this scholarship, you have to submit a convincing application on why you should be considered. See this guide to ace your application. As part of the application process for this gender based scholarship award for women in computer science or technology, you will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to five short essay questions. Check this practical guide on scholarship essay
Recipients of this female students award will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
Apply for this AI Scholarship at UAE
Essay Questions for the Google Women in Computer Science Scholarships
To emerge as the recipient of this gender based scholarship for female students in computer science or women in tech-related fields, you will have to demonstrate your potential through the application processes. Therefore, the five short answer essay questions below are intended to assess your computer science experience, demonstrated leadership, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Each response to the five questions below should be 300 words or less.
- How did you become interested in computer science, and what are your goals or aspirations when you think about pursuing a degree in this field? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
- Please describe the most significant computer science project or research you have worked on, how you approached key technical challenges, and what you gained from the experience. It might have been a class assignment, a research project or work as an intern. If the project was team-based, specify your individual role and contributions in the project. Treat this essay as a technical report or research paper. Feel free to use tables, references, or figures.
- Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain how you were influential, what you were trying to achieve and the impact you had as a result. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your university or your broader community.
- What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the field of technology face and how do you see yourself as being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational
When to Apply for the Google Women in Tech Scholarships
Application for 2023/2024 will begin in early 2023.
For further details, visit the official website