Join our community to have access to latest scholarship and study abroad information. Join Now.
About the International Excellence Scholarship
The International Excellence Scholarship (Information Technology and Computer Science) has been established to attract high-performing international students to the University of Newcastle for study in 2022 and beyond. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes applicants with a strong academic background and incentivizes them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
For timely updates on opportunities and application tips, join our scholars’ community on Whatsapp
Scholarships will automatically be awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible program and who will commence studying at the University of Newcastle.
Apply for Earmarked Scholarship in Australia
Eligible programs for this scholarship are:
- Bachelor of Data Science
- Bachelor of Data Science/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Data Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Computer Science
- Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security
- Master of Cyber Security
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science
- Master of Data Science
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
Value of the International Excellence Scholarship
The scholarship is valued at AU$15,000 for each year of study under full-time study load. This is apportioned over each course taken (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression, wellbeing grounds or for part-year programs like grad certs) and equates to AU$1875 per 10 units of study.
The benefit will be applied directly to your university tuition fee account as a reduction in fees against the number of credits initially issued in your Letter of Offer.
You can also apply for Lincoln Global Leaders Scholarship in USA
Eligibility For the International Excellence Scholarship
To be eligible for the international excellence scholarship at the University of Newcastle Australia must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate program at the University of Newcastle in 2022 and beyond at an Australian or online campus as indicated on your Letter of Offer.
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
How to Apply
No separate application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the University (where eligibility criteria is met).
Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their Letter of Offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if they do not wish to accept.
Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA.
Students are not eligible to receive this scholarship, even if they meet the criteria outlined if they have not received an offer of the scholarship or are internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship.
The university reserves the right not to award the scholarship.
For further details, visit the official website